Sunday, January 16, 2011

16 day streak and counting

I've started the year off right: healthy, consistent, and positive. I've managed to get my foot pain under control by making sure to wear The Sock, well, a generic The Sock, at night. I also have a 16 day fitness streak going: 14 days running, 2 days swimming. Getting a streak going is addictive and starting it on the 1st day of year only adds to the temptation to want to continue with it for all of 2011. I am very grateful to have been able to remain consistent with my mileage during the last six weeks, averaging around 25 miles a week. This is the longest I've held such mileage on a weekly basis. I attribute this small step in the right direction to remaining positive and constantly visualizing my long term goals on every run. My schedule this semester is pretty accommodating (so far) to training. If it stays that way and I continue to slowly build, I am anticipating a lot of improvement with my running this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment