Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekly Recap

Monday: 30 minute swim
Tuesday: Off, new shoes Nike Lunarglide
Wednesday: 30 minute swim
Thursday: 30 minute swim
Friday: 3.4 miles
Saturday: Off
Sunday: 7 miles

TOTAL: 10.4 miles, 90 minutes of swimming

After my long run last Sunday at race pace, it was very difficult to walk. I decided to swim on Monday just to be safe. On Tuesday, it was a lot easier to walk and the weather was beautiful so I decided to try and run. It didn't go so well. My foot hurt from the start. I called it a night and finally invested in a new model of trainers that I had been eyeing for awhile, the Nike Lunarglides. They felt like heaven when I tested them out. In fact, it didn't hurt to run. I still wanted to take it easy so I swam the next few days. When I finally attempted another run on Friday, the foot didn't hurt so bad. Saturday's run never happened. Instead I slept for about 16 hours. And then today, I went out for 7 painful miles. I'm not sure if it's the weather or an injury but I will need to take it day by day the next week or so and I need to make some major readjustments to my racing goals. Luckily, if the condition worsens and sets me behind in my long runs, I can change my race entry to the half marathon. I have that. I also can treat Cleveland as a long training run for fall marathon prep. This last week was a tough one all around with work, school, and running all catching up on me. It was hard to stay focused. It was as if I had reached my tolerance for balancing it all. I'd compare it to hitting the wall during a marathon and I had to stop and walk for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment