Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Getting ansy!

Took some time off last week while traveling the roads of a few southern states. My mindset going in to the trip was to just relax and not worry about getting a workout in- a mental break of sorts. I have found in the past that after taking a week "off" any bothersome pain is nearly gone when I come back. I didn't take the whole week off, as I did a 6 mile hike in NC and ran away from annoying bumblebees on a disk golf course in VA. Both days there was some pain afterwards but the next day it was minimal. Since then, my achilles on the bum foot has been tight and the bottom of the heel still hurts somewhat.

I then "ran" for 10 minutes on Sunday and Monday to test it out. It was the most comfortable that I've felt running since becoming injured. I could probably start running now but in the long run it may not be a good idea as I started this injury adventure with similar pain. It's as if it's healing by reverting back to its original state- pre PF pain. Each week feels better and better, I just wish it would go away, or go back to normal, already. The hike and the little 10 minute jogs provided me with a sneak peak of what is to come once this is all said and done. Until then, I will continue to milk the rec's pool and maybe elliptical until my membership expires on May, 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment