Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Cleveland Marathon, I was there...

...I got the shirt, I got the goodies, I got a DNS. However, I had fun biking along the course as James ran the 10k. Compared to when I watched the race back in 2007, it definitely has improved. They changed the start and finish lines, making it feel less crowded. There were a ton of port-o-johns so lines were not insane. Overall, it was a great day to run for those that were able to run.

In the meantime, I spent the last week or so doing easy treadmill work that did involve some running but only noticed a slight improvement with pain. So, I made the difficult decision to start all over. This type of injury is hard to overcome because when you are not running, you are still putting pressure on the injury whenever you walk. I haven't run since Thursday and have noticed decreased pain. But some hours during the day, it comes back to haunt me. And haunt me real bad.

I am going to take it week by week right now. All I want to be able to do at this point is run for 30 minutes on the Towpath, that's all. It can even be really slow. I hope resting like this will be the solution to this annoying problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment