Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Coming around.

The foot problems have calmed down. Tonight's dinky, two mile run was the first in a long time to feel somewhat normal. It gets me excited to start building a stronger base again. I had to get a physical for my internship and the doctor said I was probably struggling from some tendinitis in the foot, rather than a stress fracture or stress reaction. Oddly enough, easy running releases those little muscles, joints, and ligaments there. When I take Tyelenol before the run, it's virtually pain free. Icing after the runs also feels good. I also finally got new shoes to rotate: Adidas Boston and Nike Lunarglide 3. Both are very different and compliment my flats and Frees well.

Outside of running, my internship started last week. It's still hectic right now because my schedule has not been set but with all the training from last week and this week, I'm excited to get started. Probably more nervous than excited but once I get going, I should find a nice "pace" to settle into.

No comments:

Post a Comment