Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekly Recap (Racing Week)

Monday: 6.1 miles (RACE)
1 mile warm up, 1 mile cool down, 1 mile race and 5k race

1 mile goal time: 6:15
1 mile actual time: 6:24 (went out too fast, at 5:40-ish pace!)

5k goal time: 22:40 (based off of racing mile 30 minutes prior)
5k actual time: 22:16 (in shape!)

Tuesday: 3.5 miles easy

Wednesday: 1500 meter swim
The foot was hurting since the race so decided to take it easy and give it a break from land

Thursday: 6 miles, track workout
1 mile warm up, 4 x 1600, 2 x 200, 2 x 100, 1 mile cool down

1600s: 7:52, 7:45, 7:42, 7:32 (85 seconds rest in between each, hit all goal times)
200s: 44, 42
100s: 19, 17

All repeats felt controlled (which was the goal of this threshold workout). James paced me on the 2nd and 4th repeat and those felt the easiest. Overall, felt fresh and energetic, even with the cooler temps. I added the 200s and 100s afterwards for some stride work. They weren't all out (except maybe the last 100 which made me feel really slow!) and the 200s were meant to mimic future mile race pace.

Friday: 1600 meter swim
Taking it easy with the foot. It is starting to feel better but since there was significantly more pain this week, I decided the pool was a better choice for a recovery day.

Saturday: 4 miles steady state run

Did not intend to do this as a quasi-workout (32:26, 8:06 pace) but I wasn't sure of what I would do this weekend racing/time trial/workout wise. Between a little more foot pain, a planned 5k race being called off due to traveling issues, and an idea to do a mile time trial on Sunday, I had a lot of "what ifs". So when it came time to run, I just wanted to hold a quicker controlled pace which I thought would be 8:30 but as I mentioned before, I still haven't figured out paces. Lesson learned. Legs felt good and foot pain subsided after 15 minutes which leads me to believe it's just some scar tissue that I need to work on getting rid of. So no race this weekend (rescheduled a 5k for next Sunday), no mile time trial, and an easy recovery day on Sunday. This day was nice but I have to watch it next time because if I increase the intensity too much too soon, I'll risk being injured again or won't have positive fitness gains.

Sunday: 1500 meter swim, 20 minutes aqua jogging
60 minutes total in the pool

Total: 20 miles running, 4600 meters swimming

Increased intensity a lot this week and more foot pain indicated so. I kept the mileage shorter because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment