Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekly Recap (Racing Week)

Monday: 1.5 miles
Easy run with the team that included cleaning up our course to prepare for our home meet. Was going to run in the evening but ran into some painful bathroom issues instead.

Tuesday: OFF
Planned to run after the home invitational but I realized that the longer I am on my feet for most of the day, the more my foot pain acts up. The good thing is that I hadn't taken a day off from any activity in about three or so weeks. However, I started to feel a little guilty and worrisome that this would hurt my fitness as the night went on. But dinner and a movie with the boy quickly fixed that.

Wednesday: 6 miles
Definitely kept the pace slow, which was the goal, and surprisingly it felt refreshing. I have been a little bit more worried about the foot since last week so that has been having an effect on how I feel about racing this Sunday. I have to remind myself to take it day by day, prepare for some pain after runs or standing all day, and keep doing my rehab exercises.

Thursday: 6 miles (track workout)
1 mile w/up, 1 mile c/down
2000, 1600, 1200, 800, 400 + 1 x 200, 2 x 100 strides

2000: 9:50 (2:30 rest)
1600: 7:49 (2:00 rest)
1200: 5:45 (90 rest)
800: 3:39 (85 rest)
400: 1:39 (80 rest)

No foot pain so workout was a-go. Done late at night again. Cooler than the last couple of late night workouts and I felt it in my lungs a little bit. Started off somewhat rough but evened out and finished strong. Goal was, again, to be controlled and as James put it, save some leftovers for the race.

Friday: 50 minutes in the pool
19 minutes pool running, 31 minutes swimming. Foot was very achy upon waking up, so I did my recovery day in the pool. Also massaged it under the spa nodules and made sure to ice, wear inserts, golf ball, do all the good stuff immediately. It's feeling better.

Saturday: 3.4 miles easy

Sunday: Cuyahoga Falls Natatorium 5k

22:40ish. Pain free for the race but feeling it afterward. Time to back down :(
(but cross train like a madwoman!)

Total: 21 miles running, 1100 meters swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment