Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ah, rest.

Just checking in. I have a down week this week and it feels good. Last week I ran my highest mileage ever at 40 miles. I had also been working on not heel striking but I think I did too much too soon because my calves ached on every run the past week and a half. I also had some right, lower shin pain that I must keep an eye on to ensure it's muscular and not skeletal. The nice thing about this down week is that there is no pressure to hit a certain mileage. If I'm in the pool all week, so be it! I guess I am a little concerned about the pain. It will be important to monitor this each day and to not get stressed out about what the future will bring.

Outside of running, I have three weeks left until I am officially done with classes for good, or at least for my Masters degree. After that I begin seeing clients. Today, I had to be a guest teacher/speaker at a local high school. I was very nervous for this project but once it started, all nerves left. And so now I'm more excited than nervous to see clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment