Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekly Recap

Monday: 6 miles (4 miles of 2 min hard-7:50s to 6:53s pace and 3 min recovery)

Tuesday: 3 miles recovery run (27:30)

Wednesday: 4 miles (last mile moderate-hard pace, lost count of laps not sure of the time)

Thursday: SLEEEEEP

Friday: Travel

Saturday: Travel, dancing

Sunday: 8.2 miles

TOTAL: 21.2 miles

Started the week off strong and planned on getting in a solid 30 miles but by the time Thursday came around, my body told me otherwise. It was craving sleep so I napped for two hours that evening (the best two hour nap ever!) and then proceeded to get 5 more hours of sleep that night. Last minute travel plans enabled my foot and body to rest but it took me awhile to realize the benefit of having a lower mileage week. Over an egg sandwich and hashbrowns at a Waffle House in WV, I reasoned that it would be best to have a down week before beginning mileage in the 30s and 40s. After coming to this conclusion, I subsequently felt better about my training and enjoyed the remainder of my weekend travels. This week I will concentrate on sleep a little more and try not to start off so hard early in the week as it's comparable to starting off a race faster than your body has trained to go. I must find a good pace in proceeding forward. And drink up on green tea as my travel buddy is sick. I might be next! Get well James :)

No comments:

Post a Comment