Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekly Recap

Monday: Off

Tuesday: 4 miles
Snowy, cold evening run. Blah. I have officially begun to complain about winter.

Wednesday: 5 miles (1 mile warm-up-8:14, 3 x 1600- 7:09, 7:23, 7:19, 1 mile cool down-9:06)
Track workout at the Kent State Field house. It was busy with runners of all abilities, felt inspiring in a way. Most consistent mile workout I've ever had. Very positive in regards to my winter base training. Just need to remember to start off a bit slower and progressively get faster each time.

Thursday: 6 miles in 53:47
Treadmill run around 9pm- despite the late start, I did not feel sluggish. Wore my Lunaracers and felt light, minimal pain too.

Friday: 5 miles
Treadmill run at the Independence Holiday Inn. Felt unmotivated for the first three miles but after that, talked myself back into finishing the mileage I planned on doing. Spent some time in the pool and sauna afterwards which was nice.

Saturday: Off

Sunday: 13 miles in 2:01:26
Long run outdoors around 3pm. The weather was amazing! We missed the morning sun but the temperature made it easier to cover such a distance. Went out to Sand run then to Revere Rd and Market Street (miles 15-19ish of the Akron Marathon) and then back down in the Valley and out towards Bath Rd then back up Portage Trail hill to Timbertop. I felt minimal pain and enjoyed being lightly dressed. I did start to feel tired around an hour and half for about ten minutes but regained buoyancy afterwards (tried not to focus on how long I had been running and focus more on form) and finished strong. I'm ready to begin focusing on 2 hour+ long runs from here on out!

TOTAL: 33 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment