Thursday, February 4, 2010

Weekly Recap

Monday: Off

Recover from traveling.


Tuesday: 5 miles (1 mile warm-up, 3 mile tempo in 24:16, 1 mile cool down)

Felt pretty sluggish. However, I did start slower and finished faster (8:18, 8:04, 7:50).


Wednesday: 3 miles

Easy recovery run outside. I hadn't run outdoors in over a week! Portage Trail hill was the easiest its ever been, too.


Thursday: 7 miles (3 miles at 8:56, 1 mile fartlek- 2 min hard, 3 min easy, 2.5 miles at 8:56, and last 800 meters in 3:22)

This run proved I'm getting used to the treadmill and that my fitness is improving. During the fartlek kicks, I was able to hold paces in the low 7s and it felt easier than last week. I started my final 800 a little fast but held a 7:23 pace pretty easily after the first minute and a half. I was also happy that I was able to continue to hold 9 flat when recovering from the kicks.

Friday: Off

Saturday: 4 miles

Another outdoor run, started off very achy and windy but fell into a nice groove rather quickly given the conditions.

Sunday: 12 miles in 1:47:50 (8:59 pace)

Longest run in a few months and longest run ever on a treadmill. Once I hit 6 miles it was easier to focus, but mile 8 was the toughest, probably because the longest I've gone on a treadmill was 8. The last mile felt strong and I was able to kick at the end. Recovery-wise, I was pretty tired afterwards and I'm achy today but I don't feel drained.

TOTAL: 31 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment