Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekly Recap

Monday: 3 miles
Trail run to prove Sunday's run was a fluke. Foot felt fine. Went on some nice, challenging trails/meadows in Pine Hollow.

Tuesday: 4 miles
Varying 800s and 400s (3:30mod, 2:58hard, 3:33mod, 3:15mod-hard, 3:30mod, 1:40hard, 2:00recovery). Alternated between moderate and hard pace. The 2:58 came as a surprise. When I went to do the 2nd hard 800, I about died at the 2nd half but looking back, I just got scared at what my body was feeling and slowed down. Next time, I'll test it a bit more.

Wednesday: 2 miles
2nd stab at a late night run = success! A lot of my pain issues might possibly stem from a psychological standpoint.

Thursday: 5 miles
Easy trail run

Friday: 1.5 miles running, 4 miles walking, 30 minutes biking, 1000 meter swim (2.5 hrs activity total)
1 mile hard in 7:20, wanted to see where my mile time was at. About a month ago it was at 7:46 on this same route so I did improve. I didn't feel too exhausted after a 7:20 and in fact, I tried to stay at this somewhat uncomfortable/anxiety-provoking state when my mind wanted to do otherwise, which proved to be very insightful for me. I probably could have started a little slower but overall, satisfied, especially considering I still haven't done as much distance training yet because of the foot.

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: 5 miles
Sand Run out and back. Started off rough but picked it up on the way back (8:38 pace). Best part is that my foot felt fine during and after the run.

Total: 20.5 miles running, 1000 meters swimming

Added a little more mileage this week and felt some pain mid-week but after Friday, it subsided. A rest day on Saturday also helped. On Friday, I cut caffeine from my diet again. Right now, I am just testing it out. My anxiety seems to have been a lot higher lately and I am looking into caffeine having an effect on this. It's not necessarily causing it but since I am sensitive to it, eliminating it can only make the situation better- you would think. The past few days I have felt the withdrawal effects- the headaches seem worse this time around and I feel cranky. We'll see how long it lasts. I wish I could just have a cup every couple of days and not feel withdrawal. Maybe I'll have to make friends with decaf soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment