Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekly Recap (Racing Week)

Monday: 3.5 miles
Easy on trails

Tuesday: 4.5 miles
Fartlek-type run on Pine Hollow trails, focused on pushing the hills

Wednesday: 4.5 miles
Moderate track workout- 3 x 1600 at moderate/controlled paces, 90 seconds rest in between each, 1.5 miles of warm up and cool down. Hit my target goals of 8:00, 7:50, and 7:40. I had a terrible blister so I wore my trainers, felt heavy in the legs as a result. Overall, I was tired coming in to this so I felt like crap the entire time. However, for feeling like shit, I hit my time goals and so I'll use that as a good lesson the next time I don't feel all there.

Thursday: 4 miles
Easy and slightly achy run plus 5 x 200 meter grass stride-outs. I cut the run short because the foot was being a pain.

Friday: 1 mile, 40 minutes in the pool
Easy pre-race run with the team then hit the pool for a 1250 meter swim and 10 minutes of aqua jogging.

Saturday: 60 minutes on the elliptical
Cut back just a little on the running this week as my foot hurt a bit.

Sunday: 7 miles (1st RACE BACK!)
Buckeye 5k plus 1 mile warm up and 3 mile cool down

Goal time: 22:45
Actual time: 22:17

Total: 24.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment