Thursday, August 12, 2010

Weekly Recap

Monday: 5 miles
approximately two miles were done at a tempo pace (14:06)- felt some lactic acid on this one! I didn't want to overwork my foot so I took the second loop easy.

Tuesday: 4.5 miles
track ladder- 400, 800, 1600, 800, 400 (90 seconds rest between 4 and 8, 2min rest between 8 and 16, and 2.5 min rest between 16 and 8)

400s- 93, 93 (felt controlled on the first one, the last one felt slightly more taxing but great finish wise.)
800s- 3:23, 3:30 (first one felt controlled. the second one I struggled with the transition to a faster pace after the 1600 but had negative splits for the two laps, 1:48/1:42, after realizing I had some room to make up- didn't hurt to do so either.)
1600- 7:25 (felt controlled the entire time. I question whether I am able to carry this pace yet for a 5k but looking at the workout overall, I believe I am strong enough to have a good first race back.)

Overall, the entire workout felt controlled. My times were right on target with what I planned on doing and nothing ever felt overly difficult. I do believe this workout solidified my theory that all my spring cross training paid off. I'm back to where I left off...and I haven't even reached my weekly mileage goals yet.

Wednesday: 1 mile, about 20 minutes of walking as well
Easy recovery day. Wish I could've gotten a swim in as well but not too down as I haven't had a day off in a while and it was probably a smart thing to do for my rehabbing foot.

Thursday: 4 miles
Trail loop- 200 meter stretches of strides with a slow, rolling recovery.

Friday: 75 minutes of cross training
30 minute swim- improved my 1000 meter time by 1 minute, swam a total of 1250 meters. Biked to and from campus (utilizing hills) and a little after the swim for a total of 45 minutes.

Saturday: 4 miles
Nighttime run around Aurora while James biked- tables turned, unfortunately.

Sunday: 6 miles
At 6:30pm, I had three pieces of cake. At 7:30pm, I ran these 6 miles. At 8:30pm, I didn't puke. It was a nice run into the sunset on the Towpath section near my old 'hood in Cleveland

Total: 24.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment