Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weekly Recap

Monday- 3 miles easy
Tuesday- 1.8 miles easy- odd distance, practice was rushed for parent meeting but provided a chance to save miles for later in the week.
Wednesday- 4 miles
Thursday- 3 miles- 2 easy, 1 at 7:48 pace which also felt easy. Went to Sand Run after practice to add more quality to the day and told myself to run at a pace that felt efficient. Apparently 7:48 felt efficient. Strides afterwards.
Friday- 1.5 miles- an easy mile with sprints and strides during camp workout
Saturday- 7 miles- early morning 5 miles with team at camp followed by pool work, an easy run in the afternoon, and some Yoga. Foot held up.
Sunday- 3.5 miles- early morning run to end camp, which went well!

Total: 23.8

Tried to focus on form a lot this week and awareness of fitness level during each run. On the shorter runs, I tried to hold a faster pace to see if it felt manageable. That little experiment proved beneficial because it made me realize that I could run easy in the 8-9 minute range just fine. I used to think that if I did that everyday I would burnout. But holding that notion was another form of anxiety taking control. Running efficient may hurt a little at first but with practice it becomes the norm for the body. Just working out the kinks right now. And if the foot continues to hold up, I'll be one step closer to where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment